Privacy is important to the Australian Pole Sports Federation and we are committed to respecting the right to privacy and the protection of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Who we are
We are the Australian Pole Sports Federation. Our website address is: https://auspolesports.org.
We are a sporting organisation and as such, we require certain information from our members. If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
We collect personal information to properly and efficiently carry out our function as a sporting federation, including to provide you with your requested products and services, and to facilitate the provision of marketing and promotion services/materials that may be of interest to you.
The personal information collected and held about you by the Australian Pole Sports Federation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- contact information, such as your name, phone numbers, address details, email address and social media details (Facebook name, or Instagram handle, for example);
- your date of birth, age, gender;
- events entries and results;
- details of a disability or an incapacity that you may suffer, if you elect to provide that information to allow us to provide you with relevant services, information and assistance;
- copies of communications between us and you;
- information regarding any outstanding payments owed by you to us;
- other personal information provided voluntarily by you (for example, this could be
- information provided voluntarily by you in response to surveys or competitions);
- medical information and emergency contact details; and
- non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, web pages visited (that may, if combined with other information, be personal information).
Some of the personal information that you provide to us may be required in order to allow us to provide requested products or services to you. Other information may be provided at your discretion. Whilst you have control over the personal information you choose to provide to us, if you decide not to give us some of, or all, the personal information that requested, it may affect whether we can provide our services to you, for example:
- our ability to communicate effectively with you;
- our ability to provide products or services to you; and
- your ability to participate in programs and competitions conducted by us.
Security of personal information is important to us. We have taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures we use include strict confidentiality requirements for federation committee members, and security measures for our website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
If you are a competitor in our competitions, we will share your image, preferred name, social media handles and studio affiliation on our website and social media.
When you join the Federation we may share your image, preferred name, social media handles and studio affiliation on our website and social media.
Other information provided to us is treated with the utmost confidence, but may be shared with:
- To our insurers;
- To our professional advisors (accountants, lawyers etc);
- To Governmental bodies including without limitation the Australian, State & Territory Institutes of Sport, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, the National Sports Tribunal, the Australian Sports Commission, the Major Sporting Events Taskforce in the Australian Government’s Department of Health and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, federal, state and territory law enforcement and security agencies such as the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, the Australian Federal Police, and State and Territory policing organisations, contracted service providers to the Australian Government, and other entities, government departments and agencies who have responsibilities that interact with Australia;
- To the International Pole Sports Federation;
- When required or authorised by law;
- To an enforcement body when reasonably necessary;
- To lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety;
- With your express or implied consent.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You can contact the Australian Pole Sports Federation with any privacy requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.